Skip to main content

EF2 May Update 1: Falling a Little Short, Let's Make Up For It Later This Month!

 Hi everybody- welcome to the first May update, and happy mother’s day! I’d love to accompany this update with some art of Greta, the undisputed best mother of the Entropic Float world thusfar, but artfight is currently undergoing maintenance so I actually can’t go and gather anything you haven’t already seen- oops!


So instead, let’s jump right into the goals!


  • Implement that digitized Munya zone: Done! The zone is fully functional~

  • Digitize another zone, maybe Tony’s?: Done! Tony’s indeed.

  • Make the assets for another zone: Not quite done!


With various things going on, I wasn’t able to finish the assets I got started on- this time for Renfield’s zone. I had planned to work on Bea’s first zone (the assets I already completed are for her second, since I had a very clear vision for it!) only to discover that I was actually missing some supplies I needed for it- I thought I had another black felt piece to use as the backdrop, and it turns out I do not. Easy enough to fix, but I didn’t end up with a chance to stop at a craft store between work and events.


I’m not really worried though- I can finish the zone I started and hopefully complete another over the next couple weeks. Work’s not slowing down, in fact it’s picking up even harder later this month, but before that I have a full weekend of dogsitting which has excluded me from picking up any other obligations outside of the house for a solid four days, in which most of my time will still be mine to do as I please- Thus, opportunity for creativity! What will I be working on?


  • One more zone’s assets

  • Finish the zone assets that I started in the first part of May

  • Finish all first convos for Tony

  • Finish all first convos for Cobalt

  • Fill in some small writing gaps 


All quite doable. I might even get ambitious and start digitizing more, if I get the chance. So far, that process has gone quite well- Digitizing Tony’s was no problem, everything looked shockingly great with minimal modification! I was prepared to need to do a lot more editing in the process to get it to work visually, but the different parts have come together well after all.


I may not have anything from Artfight to leave you with, but I do have this cute little celebratory Bea I got from Soyokaze! A birthday gift~ Until next time, thank you for reading!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entropic Float 2 December Update #1: Backgrounds!

  Hello everybody! It’s midway through December- That means it’s update time! With everything going on this month, I did set smaller goals, with plans to catch up in January if those still fell short. So far this month… Draw the remaining backgrounds necessary for area 4 - Done! Sharing one of those below~ Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds - Partially complete! I’ve sketched them into their positions, but have yet to finish them fully. So, mostly on track! Since I did get started on the characters, I’ll carry that goal into the rest of the month, though I’m also still working on making gifts for the people in my life, and completing holiday season etsy orders for others! This is the usual stuff of December, and regular work has also been busier this year than it usually is this month (as mentioned last update) so I’m doing my best. If only gamedev paid the bills… EF2 might be done by now if I could afford to focus only on it! This period’s backgrounds are, as mentioned bef...

EF2 December Update 2: Happy New Year!

  First off- I delayed this update by a couple days so that I could post on New Year’s Eve! Here’s a themed doodle of Bea for the occasion! 2025 has been a chaotic and challenging year, for a whole lot of reasons, so I’m happy to welcome 2026 and hope that it’s a little bit kinder to me and to the development process of Entropic Float 2. I feel it’s promising on that front though! Let’s take a look back at this month’s goals, as much as I was able to fit them around the holidays. Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds: This is done! Draw and implement Objekts for Area 4: They’re drawn, and they’re partially implemented! Make the assets for another character zone: I didn’t get to this one, I did a bit too much crafting this month to have the juice left for it, but January should be different~ So, I got a fair bit done! The Objekt implementation is a matter of- They’re implemented for the inventory, but not entirely in the environments, because I failed to remember that none of t...

May Update: Midnight's Requiem Complete Edition, Backer Rewards, and EF2 Progress!!

  Leading with the most exciting part! Remember when we hit the stretch goal to have Stephanie's VA record the full version of Midnight's Requiem, with the lyrics that Prinxe wrote? Well, I've finally uploaded the result for your listening pleasure! Of course, the Renfield Future track will be up next, but I have a bit more to do on that one before I can share it, so enjoy Stephanie's wonderful vocals for the time being! Now, Rewards! The physical rewards are IN PRODUCTION right now, at the manufacturer~ They're on the way! If you missed out on any, there are a limited number of extras of each new design coming my way. Digital Rewards meanwhile- I've finished commissions for backers who are also receiving physical rewards. If you got digital rewards only, your art is still on the way! I took a small step back from working on rewards after getting the manufacturing order in, to focus on the game itself for some time, but it shouldn't be too long until you s...