Skip to main content

Entropic Float Biweekly Update #6



Happy Halloween to those who celebrate!

Here we have some lovely themed art of Shinji by Tree Dorothy on Skeb!

This update, I have a few pieces of exciting news! The first is unrelated to the game development itself, but I've recently gotten a new job that should give me more opportunity to work on Entropic Float each weekend.

The second, much more relevant update is that I've officially partnered with Starfield Gaming, the developer of Heart Fragment! While we've already been working together for some time now, Entropic Float will now officially be releasing as a Starfield title when the time comes! And if you're looking forward to that day, I'd definitely recommend giving Heart Fragment a shot in the meantime. It's a Psychological Otome Game that, as of the time of writing this update, has two fully completable routes (with more on the way!) and is 50% off of its usual price, only five dollars for quite a bit of content- And the art is prettier than Entropic Float's assets, too! Alright, on to the development updates!

Writing:




As promised, I haven't written a word since last update! I've been saving it for NaNoWriMo, which begins tomorrow. Kanatsun routes await!

Talksprites:




I didn't think of any more of these since last time so I didn't make any.

Voice Acting:



No further voicelines have yet been received.
Touko's VA has resigned from the role and I will soon begin looking for a replacement. If anyone reading this would like to volunteer you're welcome to! EDIT: Touko has been recast as Billie Catrillion!
 
I've also received a helpful offer from Casper at Starfield to clean up the audio, so the final product's VA should be a bit more crisp!

Background Images:





I reevaluated my total room number necessary and adjusted it to 17 to account for the stairwell and all 4 puzzle rooms on Rashmi's route, and I currently have 13 out of 17 rooms built. The new additions are all 4 of Kanatsun's puzzle rooms! I won't spoil what all of them are, but I will give you a preview of one of them- The Tabletop Lounge!






Background Music:

I've composed three new tracks since last time! "Inbetween Mine and Yours" is a track themed for one of the puzzle rooms, as is "The Moon Can Always See The Sun". The third track is called 'Those Who Cannot Dream Will Dance" and is associated with Rashmi Jamil.


My Entropic Float goals before this update were:
-Building the four puzzle rooms that Kanatsun's routes need
-CGs in those rooms and in the already-assembled rooms
-At least 3 new music tracks
And I completed each of these goals!

That means that I'm properly and completely prepared to participate in NaNoWriMo starting tomorrow! It'll be a tough challenge this year since I'll have to also be writing code, but only the dialogue text will actually count- But I'm ready for it and excited for the chance to make a ton of progress on the Kanatsun Routes!

My updates during November will be formatted a bit differently, since I won't be making much in the way of new assets and won't have much in the way of time to write updates while I'm throwing my everything into writing the routes. But I'll still let you know how that's going! Until next time!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entropic Float 2 December Update #1: Backgrounds!

  Hello everybody! It’s midway through December- That means it’s update time! With everything going on this month, I did set smaller goals, with plans to catch up in January if those still fell short. So far this month… Draw the remaining backgrounds necessary for area 4 - Done! Sharing one of those below~ Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds - Partially complete! I’ve sketched them into their positions, but have yet to finish them fully. So, mostly on track! Since I did get started on the characters, I’ll carry that goal into the rest of the month, though I’m also still working on making gifts for the people in my life, and completing holiday season etsy orders for others! This is the usual stuff of December, and regular work has also been busier this year than it usually is this month (as mentioned last update) so I’m doing my best. If only gamedev paid the bills… EF2 might be done by now if I could afford to focus only on it! This period’s backgrounds are, as mentioned bef...

EF2 December Update 2: Happy New Year!

  First off- I delayed this update by a couple days so that I could post on New Year’s Eve! Here’s a themed doodle of Bea for the occasion! 2025 has been a chaotic and challenging year, for a whole lot of reasons, so I’m happy to welcome 2026 and hope that it’s a little bit kinder to me and to the development process of Entropic Float 2. I feel it’s promising on that front though! Let’s take a look back at this month’s goals, as much as I was able to fit them around the holidays. Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds: This is done! Draw and implement Objekts for Area 4: They’re drawn, and they’re partially implemented! Make the assets for another character zone: I didn’t get to this one, I did a bit too much crafting this month to have the juice left for it, but January should be different~ So, I got a fair bit done! The Objekt implementation is a matter of- They’re implemented for the inventory, but not entirely in the environments, because I failed to remember that none of t...

May Update: Midnight's Requiem Complete Edition, Backer Rewards, and EF2 Progress!!

  Leading with the most exciting part! Remember when we hit the stretch goal to have Stephanie's VA record the full version of Midnight's Requiem, with the lyrics that Prinxe wrote? Well, I've finally uploaded the result for your listening pleasure! Of course, the Renfield Future track will be up next, but I have a bit more to do on that one before I can share it, so enjoy Stephanie's wonderful vocals for the time being! Now, Rewards! The physical rewards are IN PRODUCTION right now, at the manufacturer~ They're on the way! If you missed out on any, there are a limited number of extras of each new design coming my way. Digital Rewards meanwhile- I've finished commissions for backers who are also receiving physical rewards. If you got digital rewards only, your art is still on the way! I took a small step back from working on rewards after getting the manufacturing order in, to focus on the game itself for some time, but it shouldn't be too long until you s...