Skip to main content

Entropic Float Biweekly Update #12

  





Time for Update Twelve. The art this week was commissioned from Niina on skeb!

Not the most relevant image this time, since Peri doesn't actually appear in any of the Rashmi routes... But she's adorable, so don't hold it against me, okay?

You also shouldn't hold it against me because, for all but the first two days after my previous update, I've had covid. Omicron's infectivity really is off the charts, and I'm a fragile person, so of course I had loads of symptoms. Nothing serious in the end, thanks to my triple vaccine, and my brainfog's cleared up over the past few days, so I still have some progress to share!

Writing:



48/54 segments... That's right, despite spending most of my time sick, working from home during moments of clarity and playing video games during moments of utter fog... I actually wrote the entire Rashmi Noon Route. A big chunk of that was immediately following the last update, but I still doubled my goal of three segments... Somehow. Honestly, I think I'll need my beta testers to pay extra special attention to this route just in case I dropped a big ol plothole in there...

Talksprites:



No change since last time.

Voice Acting:


No change since last time

Background Music:

Nope on the goal of adding a new OST track. I added a royalty free track, though! For a different scene than the one I need to make an OST track for. Yeah, I know...

My goal progress from last time:
- Add one more music track I did not do this.
- Write 3/6 segments of the Rashmi Noon Route ahead of schedule I did do this. I exceeded this!
- Begin the process of setting up my itch.io page and my steamworks page I did not do this either.

My goals for next time:
- Add one more music track. For real this time.
-Begin setting up steamworks and itch.io
-Write 2 Segments of the Rashmi Night Route
-Spruce up a few pieces of the GUI
-Draw that last hand-drawn CG that was on my list...
-And also draw the 3 new pieces of art I roped myself into making for a puzzle room.

A bit more variety in what I want to get done over the next two weeks! It's a good thing that I'm way ahead on my development schedule right now. I'm ahead by an entire month, basically, which gives me some room to work on a few changes that I've been wanting to implement for some time now. Nothing huge, it'll just take some time to make the assets, but I think it'll improve the game's polish. We'll see which of these things I'm able to complete. Who knows, maybe I'll fail to diversify and just write Rashmi's Night Route all the way through instead. Either way, I'm making progress!

Also, this didn't fit anywhere else, but one more thing I did was fix an issue that the game's had for a while where the text couldn't be sped up. You might say, isn't that preference available in every ren'py game by default? Yes, but early on in development, I manually set the text speed for dialogue because I didn't like it appearing at max speed... So it could be slowed down, but not sped up...

Yeah, now the preference is just set to that speed by default, so you can speed it up manually if you like.

Until next time!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entropic Float 2 December Update #1: Backgrounds!

  Hello everybody! It’s midway through December- That means it’s update time! With everything going on this month, I did set smaller goals, with plans to catch up in January if those still fell short. So far this month… Draw the remaining backgrounds necessary for area 4 - Done! Sharing one of those below~ Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds - Partially complete! I’ve sketched them into their positions, but have yet to finish them fully. So, mostly on track! Since I did get started on the characters, I’ll carry that goal into the rest of the month, though I’m also still working on making gifts for the people in my life, and completing holiday season etsy orders for others! This is the usual stuff of December, and regular work has also been busier this year than it usually is this month (as mentioned last update) so I’m doing my best. If only gamedev paid the bills… EF2 might be done by now if I could afford to focus only on it! This period’s backgrounds are, as mentioned bef...

May Update: Midnight's Requiem Complete Edition, Backer Rewards, and EF2 Progress!!

  Leading with the most exciting part! Remember when we hit the stretch goal to have Stephanie's VA record the full version of Midnight's Requiem, with the lyrics that Prinxe wrote? Well, I've finally uploaded the result for your listening pleasure! Of course, the Renfield Future track will be up next, but I have a bit more to do on that one before I can share it, so enjoy Stephanie's wonderful vocals for the time being! Now, Rewards! The physical rewards are IN PRODUCTION right now, at the manufacturer~ They're on the way! If you missed out on any, there are a limited number of extras of each new design coming my way. Digital Rewards meanwhile- I've finished commissions for backers who are also receiving physical rewards. If you got digital rewards only, your art is still on the way! I took a small step back from working on rewards after getting the manufacturing order in, to focus on the game itself for some time, but it shouldn't be too long until you s...

EF2 December Update 2: Happy New Year!

  First off- I delayed this update by a couple days so that I could post on New Year’s Eve! Here’s a themed doodle of Bea for the occasion! 2025 has been a chaotic and challenging year, for a whole lot of reasons, so I’m happy to welcome 2026 and hope that it’s a little bit kinder to me and to the development process of Entropic Float 2. I feel it’s promising on that front though! Let’s take a look back at this month’s goals, as much as I was able to fit them around the holidays. Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds: This is done! Draw and implement Objekts for Area 4: They’re drawn, and they’re partially implemented! Make the assets for another character zone: I didn’t get to this one, I did a bit too much crafting this month to have the juice left for it, but January should be different~ So, I got a fair bit done! The Objekt implementation is a matter of- They’re implemented for the inventory, but not entirely in the environments, because I failed to remember that none of t...