Skip to main content

EF2 October Update 1: We're back!

 Hi everybody! I already made a small update announcing the release of our Spooktober project, The Haunting Of Kurumi Mori, but this is our first real update back from the hiatus! As mentioned, I was still working on the game when I could, but I was also very busy. So, what got done?


Writing! I mostly just squeezed in writing character conversations when I got the chance. Keeping in mind that the number increments twice for conversations involving multiple characters- We're still 19 steps closer to having a detailed and involved world here! I also have made progress on drawing backgrounds, but not anything I can quantify yet- I mostly worked on lining sketches, rather than coloring and rendering, so while a fair few backgrounds are closer to finished, no more of them are finished than before.

So, with that out of the way, let's set some actual goals for the rest of October! My next devlog will be on 10/25 (And will be the first one posted to kickstarter since the hiatus!) so let's make these next two weeks count! I've still got a plate piled pretty high with my regular work, so I can't promise the moon or anything, but here's what I'm hoping for:

  • Complete at least 5 more backgrounds
  • Get the conversation progress number up to 40/590
  • Finish up the three Objekts I currently have in the WIP files folder

So, while I don't have any game images to share this update, I definitely will with the next! In the meantime, this artfight attack of CROWNPRIMROSE from my good friend tinypaperhats will have to do~


Thank you as always for reading, and I'll be back soon with hopefully a whole lot more to share!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entropic Float 2 December Update #1: Backgrounds!

  Hello everybody! It’s midway through December- That means it’s update time! With everything going on this month, I did set smaller goals, with plans to catch up in January if those still fell short. So far this month… Draw the remaining backgrounds necessary for area 4 - Done! Sharing one of those below~ Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds - Partially complete! I’ve sketched them into their positions, but have yet to finish them fully. So, mostly on track! Since I did get started on the characters, I’ll carry that goal into the rest of the month, though I’m also still working on making gifts for the people in my life, and completing holiday season etsy orders for others! This is the usual stuff of December, and regular work has also been busier this year than it usually is this month (as mentioned last update) so I’m doing my best. If only gamedev paid the bills… EF2 might be done by now if I could afford to focus only on it! This period’s backgrounds are, as mentioned bef...

EF2 December Update 2: Happy New Year!

  First off- I delayed this update by a couple days so that I could post on New Year’s Eve! Here’s a themed doodle of Bea for the occasion! 2025 has been a chaotic and challenging year, for a whole lot of reasons, so I’m happy to welcome 2026 and hope that it’s a little bit kinder to me and to the development process of Entropic Float 2. I feel it’s promising on that front though! Let’s take a look back at this month’s goals, as much as I was able to fit them around the holidays. Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds: This is done! Draw and implement Objekts for Area 4: They’re drawn, and they’re partially implemented! Make the assets for another character zone: I didn’t get to this one, I did a bit too much crafting this month to have the juice left for it, but January should be different~ So, I got a fair bit done! The Objekt implementation is a matter of- They’re implemented for the inventory, but not entirely in the environments, because I failed to remember that none of t...

May Update: Midnight's Requiem Complete Edition, Backer Rewards, and EF2 Progress!!

  Leading with the most exciting part! Remember when we hit the stretch goal to have Stephanie's VA record the full version of Midnight's Requiem, with the lyrics that Prinxe wrote? Well, I've finally uploaded the result for your listening pleasure! Of course, the Renfield Future track will be up next, but I have a bit more to do on that one before I can share it, so enjoy Stephanie's wonderful vocals for the time being! Now, Rewards! The physical rewards are IN PRODUCTION right now, at the manufacturer~ They're on the way! If you missed out on any, there are a limited number of extras of each new design coming my way. Digital Rewards meanwhile- I've finished commissions for backers who are also receiving physical rewards. If you got digital rewards only, your art is still on the way! I took a small step back from working on rewards after getting the manufacturing order in, to focus on the game itself for some time, but it shouldn't be too long until you s...