Skip to main content

Renfield Future Song Release + EF2 November Update #1

 BIG NEWS FIRST-




“Not Your Cherry Sundae” by Renfield Future has finally released! The ability to create this song by the in-universe band was made possible with a Kickstarter stretch goal, which covered the costs of composition and recording- But it took a bit longer for me to be able to order the cover image commission. It’s well worth the wait. Rex Rosario’s vocals and Soyokaze’s art make for a wonderful music video!


Moving along to the actual development update, let’s look at the previous update’s goals.


  • Complete at least 3 more backgrounds: Done! Again, I’ll share one below.

  • Write at least 6 more standard conversations: Well, I was able to write two of them- Not a big enough advancement to share a progress bar this time.

  • Create the assets for one Character Zone: Done! Everything’s created for Jane’s zone (and the puzzles are function-checked), the other step is to digitize those assets and implement the minigame. One down!



If you’re wondering why I fell so short on that conversation goal- Well, another priority presented itself to me that I had to split my attention with. The difficult thing with the level of gamedev that I’m on is that it can’t get my full attention- Often that has to do with my two day jobs, but this time, it’s the etsy shop. It’s November, which means that the steepest manufacturer discounts of the year are coming up- I failed to account for time I’d need to spend designing in advance of the sale when I made my gamedev goals for the month. Even so, let’s see the goals for the next half!


  • Complete the other three backgrounds remaining in the WIP folder  

  • Write another 5 standard conversations  

  • Finish drawing every ref that Shoii needs for the remaining memory CGs


In consideration of the other things I’m working on, the writing might fall short again- It’s a lot easier to draw for EF2 in tandem with drawing for the Fan Niche than it is to switch fully between tasks. Even so, I’m not amending these goals- I’m still shooting to succeed!


That’s all for now- Thank you as always for reading, and enjoy the song!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entropic Float 2 December Update #1: Backgrounds!

  Hello everybody! It’s midway through December- That means it’s update time! With everything going on this month, I did set smaller goals, with plans to catch up in January if those still fell short. So far this month… Draw the remaining backgrounds necessary for area 4 - Done! Sharing one of those below~ Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds - Partially complete! I’ve sketched them into their positions, but have yet to finish them fully. So, mostly on track! Since I did get started on the characters, I’ll carry that goal into the rest of the month, though I’m also still working on making gifts for the people in my life, and completing holiday season etsy orders for others! This is the usual stuff of December, and regular work has also been busier this year than it usually is this month (as mentioned last update) so I’m doing my best. If only gamedev paid the bills… EF2 might be done by now if I could afford to focus only on it! This period’s backgrounds are, as mentioned bef...

EF2 December Update 2: Happy New Year!

  First off- I delayed this update by a couple days so that I could post on New Year’s Eve! Here’s a themed doodle of Bea for the occasion! 2025 has been a chaotic and challenging year, for a whole lot of reasons, so I’m happy to welcome 2026 and hope that it’s a little bit kinder to me and to the development process of Entropic Float 2. I feel it’s promising on that front though! Let’s take a look back at this month’s goals, as much as I was able to fit them around the holidays. Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds: This is done! Draw and implement Objekts for Area 4: They’re drawn, and they’re partially implemented! Make the assets for another character zone: I didn’t get to this one, I did a bit too much crafting this month to have the juice left for it, but January should be different~ So, I got a fair bit done! The Objekt implementation is a matter of- They’re implemented for the inventory, but not entirely in the environments, because I failed to remember that none of t...

May Update: Midnight's Requiem Complete Edition, Backer Rewards, and EF2 Progress!!

  Leading with the most exciting part! Remember when we hit the stretch goal to have Stephanie's VA record the full version of Midnight's Requiem, with the lyrics that Prinxe wrote? Well, I've finally uploaded the result for your listening pleasure! Of course, the Renfield Future track will be up next, but I have a bit more to do on that one before I can share it, so enjoy Stephanie's wonderful vocals for the time being! Now, Rewards! The physical rewards are IN PRODUCTION right now, at the manufacturer~ They're on the way! If you missed out on any, there are a limited number of extras of each new design coming my way. Digital Rewards meanwhile- I've finished commissions for backers who are also receiving physical rewards. If you got digital rewards only, your art is still on the way! I took a small step back from working on rewards after getting the manufacturing order in, to focus on the game itself for some time, but it shouldn't be too long until you s...