Skip to main content

Entropic Float Biweekly Dev Update #1

 Hello hello!  Nico H here with the first of many biweekly updates on the development and creation of Entropic Float: This World Will Decay And Disappear! I hope to update here every other Sunday, starting from today forward. Being the first update, pretty much everything I've done so far is 'new', so rather than make an excessively long post about all of the details so far, I'm just going to share some progress reports so everyone can see where I'm at as a baseline before I start sharing more in future updates!

Writing:


The writing of the game is going smoothly! Out of 54 'segments' required in the base routes, I've written 9 of them so far. I'm not counting the True Route segments, as I'm unsure as of yet how many there will be. I'll track that stat when I get to it! These 9 segments so far represent one complete route and half of another. For my internal tracking purposes, each route has 4 shared segments and one segment for each ending! By the next update I may well have finished writing another route.

Talksprites:



I have what I'd consider complete talksprite sets for each major character but JJ, Stephanie, and Abel, who each have about a third of a proper set. I may add more sprites to the others if a situation arises where I need one, but generally speaking, only three characters have an incomplete set of emotions.

Voice Acting:



This game isn't going to be fully voice-acted, but each character still has a handful of lines. And I've received the full set of lines for exactly half of them so far! Very exciting.
Amelie, Kanatsun, True, Madeline, JJ, and Touko have all been cast, and I am waiting to receive lines. (Or to record lines. Kanatsun is the character I'm voicing myself. Spray me with water and maybe I'll record them soon.)
Abel has still not been cast yet.

Background Images:



Out of the fifteen different rooms that will be appearing throughout the standard routes of the game, I've built the models for six of them. Currently in progress is the rec room on my end, and the ballroom by a friend to whom I outsourced the task. I'm counting the assembly of the rooms, not the images themselves, as it only takes a few moments to capture the different images I need once I have the model assembled in charastudio.

Background Music:

I have no idea how many tracks are going to be in the final game, so I haven't got a progress bar to share with you on this one. However I will say that in regards to the OST so far:
There are 2 tracks by Hamza Notes
There is 1 track by Knock Monsterr
There are 16 tracks by me.
I plan to make the full OST available as a series of youtube videos once the game is released!

Sound Design:



Yeah I haven't even downloaded any sound effects yet. I plan to go back and add them all in later, but I do plan to add them. I do. Just not yet.



So as you can see, development on the game is going rather smoothly so far, and hopefully it will only continue to pick up in pace as I get more used to writing with code involved! With that said, I'm going to leave you with this silly little video that I made of non-spoilery songs I associate with each member of the cast. See you in September!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entropic Float 2: Character Reveal and Kickstarter Date!

  Entropic Float 2... Characters! They're here! The video above shares some songs to help you get the feel on their personalities- And their profiles are available too! I've also been hard at work to get the demo ready before the Kickstarter, which I've decided to launch on 11/11/2023 ! Below, you can see the first talksprite for good ol' Kanatsune Ame. To temper expectations a bit- The demo will only cover the beginning of the game. The 'exposition loop', if you will. Several of these characters won't be appearing yet, and certain loop-related features will, well, not exist because there is no second loop to implement them on. It should, however, give you an idea of what the story's going to be, and how the main point-and-click gameplay will work. Just enough of a taster to let you know that EF2 is worth getting made! And I mean... Even if the Kickstarter fails, I'll make it anyway. It just might take me a good bit longer, and might miss out on some

Entropic Float's One Year Anniversary!

  [Hover images for Credits] One year ago today- On July 7th, 2022- I released the 300k+ word long visual novel Entropic Float: This World Will Decay and Disappear, at no cost on itch and steam. It was a labor of love- I worked on it for just over a year and a half, and my life changed a lot during that time. I got a job related to my degree, then proceeded to crash and burn when it turned out that I couldn't actually manage that job alongside my chronic conditions. Working on Entropic Float was the only thing during that time that really made me happy at all, so it's no surprise I ended up quitting for my health shortly after release... Since I released Entropic Float, lots of things have happened. I've seen it referred to on reddit as 'the queerest game I've ever played'. I've received wonderful fanart. People have come to me saying that the game helped them realize they were physically disabled. My good friend, the vtuber FreyaFukunaga, played through the

Entropic Float in 2023: An Update!

 Happy New Year, everybody!                                                                     It's 2023  and I have a lot of plans! I'll start out by offering reminders that there's a survey to influence the contents of the Entropic Float DLC (Letters To A Beloved Ghost) and make sure that you get to see your favorite characters again, as well as a few pieces of official Entropic Float Merch available on my etsy store.  There are stickers of the full cast, keychains of the protagonists and antagonist, and pin buttons of each standard ending- But if there's a particular piece of merchandise you'd want to see, feel free to contact me and let me know. Entropic Float: Letters To A Beloved Ghost As mentioned above, there's a survey to influence this DLC's content, but that doesn't mean I don't have plans for it! In fact, I already have a few of the side stories drafted. The DLC will be 5 USD or included in any pledge to the Entropic Float 2 Kickstarter