Skip to main content

Entropic Float Biweekly Dev Update #1

 Hello hello!  Nico H here with the first of many biweekly updates on the development and creation of Entropic Float: This World Will Decay And Disappear! I hope to update here every other Sunday, starting from today forward. Being the first update, pretty much everything I've done so far is 'new', so rather than make an excessively long post about all of the details so far, I'm just going to share some progress reports so everyone can see where I'm at as a baseline before I start sharing more in future updates!

Writing:


The writing of the game is going smoothly! Out of 54 'segments' required in the base routes, I've written 9 of them so far. I'm not counting the True Route segments, as I'm unsure as of yet how many there will be. I'll track that stat when I get to it! These 9 segments so far represent one complete route and half of another. For my internal tracking purposes, each route has 4 shared segments and one segment for each ending! By the next update I may well have finished writing another route.

Talksprites:



I have what I'd consider complete talksprite sets for each major character but JJ, Stephanie, and Abel, who each have about a third of a proper set. I may add more sprites to the others if a situation arises where I need one, but generally speaking, only three characters have an incomplete set of emotions.

Voice Acting:



This game isn't going to be fully voice-acted, but each character still has a handful of lines. And I've received the full set of lines for exactly half of them so far! Very exciting.
Amelie, Kanatsun, True, Madeline, JJ, and Touko have all been cast, and I am waiting to receive lines. (Or to record lines. Kanatsun is the character I'm voicing myself. Spray me with water and maybe I'll record them soon.)
Abel has still not been cast yet.

Background Images:



Out of the fifteen different rooms that will be appearing throughout the standard routes of the game, I've built the models for six of them. Currently in progress is the rec room on my end, and the ballroom by a friend to whom I outsourced the task. I'm counting the assembly of the rooms, not the images themselves, as it only takes a few moments to capture the different images I need once I have the model assembled in charastudio.

Background Music:

I have no idea how many tracks are going to be in the final game, so I haven't got a progress bar to share with you on this one. However I will say that in regards to the OST so far:
There are 2 tracks by Hamza Notes
There is 1 track by Knock Monsterr
There are 16 tracks by me.
I plan to make the full OST available as a series of youtube videos once the game is released!

Sound Design:



Yeah I haven't even downloaded any sound effects yet. I plan to go back and add them all in later, but I do plan to add them. I do. Just not yet.



So as you can see, development on the game is going rather smoothly so far, and hopefully it will only continue to pick up in pace as I get more used to writing with code involved! With that said, I'm going to leave you with this silly little video that I made of non-spoilery songs I associate with each member of the cast. See you in September!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entropic Float 2 December Update #1: Backgrounds!

  Hello everybody! It’s midway through December- That means it’s update time! With everything going on this month, I did set smaller goals, with plans to catch up in January if those still fell short. So far this month… Draw the remaining backgrounds necessary for area 4 - Done! Sharing one of those below~ Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds - Partially complete! I’ve sketched them into their positions, but have yet to finish them fully. So, mostly on track! Since I did get started on the characters, I’ll carry that goal into the rest of the month, though I’m also still working on making gifts for the people in my life, and completing holiday season etsy orders for others! This is the usual stuff of December, and regular work has also been busier this year than it usually is this month (as mentioned last update) so I’m doing my best. If only gamedev paid the bills… EF2 might be done by now if I could afford to focus only on it! This period’s backgrounds are, as mentioned bef...

EF2 December Update 2: Happy New Year!

  First off- I delayed this update by a couple days so that I could post on New Year’s Eve! Here’s a themed doodle of Bea for the occasion! 2025 has been a chaotic and challenging year, for a whole lot of reasons, so I’m happy to welcome 2026 and hope that it’s a little bit kinder to me and to the development process of Entropic Float 2. I feel it’s promising on that front though! Let’s take a look back at this month’s goals, as much as I was able to fit them around the holidays. Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds: This is done! Draw and implement Objekts for Area 4: They’re drawn, and they’re partially implemented! Make the assets for another character zone: I didn’t get to this one, I did a bit too much crafting this month to have the juice left for it, but January should be different~ So, I got a fair bit done! The Objekt implementation is a matter of- They’re implemented for the inventory, but not entirely in the environments, because I failed to remember that none of t...

May Update: Midnight's Requiem Complete Edition, Backer Rewards, and EF2 Progress!!

  Leading with the most exciting part! Remember when we hit the stretch goal to have Stephanie's VA record the full version of Midnight's Requiem, with the lyrics that Prinxe wrote? Well, I've finally uploaded the result for your listening pleasure! Of course, the Renfield Future track will be up next, but I have a bit more to do on that one before I can share it, so enjoy Stephanie's wonderful vocals for the time being! Now, Rewards! The physical rewards are IN PRODUCTION right now, at the manufacturer~ They're on the way! If you missed out on any, there are a limited number of extras of each new design coming my way. Digital Rewards meanwhile- I've finished commissions for backers who are also receiving physical rewards. If you got digital rewards only, your art is still on the way! I took a small step back from working on rewards after getting the manufacturing order in, to focus on the game itself for some time, but it shouldn't be too long until you s...