Skip to main content

Entropic Float Biweekly Update #3

These past two weeks have been busy for me! I went to a convention, Deltarune chapter 2 released. Uh. That's it. But anyway, since I more or less only make substantial progress on days that I don't have to go anywhere, and I only had three of those, one of which I filled with playing other video games because that is a weakness of all gamedevs... I made exactly as much progress as I expected to make since last time.

Writing:




In the last update, I said I would write two more segments before the next update. And I did! Amelie's nighttime route has got its introductory section and its first puzzle room and that's it. But this does bring us to 14 segments out of 54 total, and crosses the threshold into being a quarter of the way done with the writing! The time I spend writing has sped up quite a bit as well as I've gotten used to the style of calling and hiding sprites along with the lines.







Talksprites:




No change since last update.


Voice Acting:




No change since last update.

Background Images:





Since last time I received the scene for the Ballroom from my program collaborator! But since I haven't quite reached the part of writing which utilizes it (It's in my next segment, though!) the only screenshot I have is the example I sent my collaborator of how badly it loaded in before we got our mods synced up. Please enjoy this room in which every single piece of furniture turned into a plain white sphere.





Background Music:

I haven't added any tracks since last time, but I do plan on adding more soon. I want to either compose or commission a few more character-specific tunes, as it currently stands that some have got related music and some simply don't. I would like for them all to have some track that primarily evokes them, even if it's used in other places! (For current examples, the Nozomis have got Righteous Family, Peri has Schadenfreude's Princess, and Malcolm has Banksy Could Never)


Thanks for reading this little update! Next time, you'll see not a whole lot- I have a couple very busy weekends ahead of me. But after that, you can hopefully expect a lot more! Especially in November... Until next time!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entropic Float 2 December Update #1: Backgrounds!

  Hello everybody! It’s midway through December- That means it’s update time! With everything going on this month, I did set smaller goals, with plans to catch up in January if those still fell short. So far this month… Draw the remaining backgrounds necessary for area 4 - Done! Sharing one of those below~ Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds - Partially complete! I’ve sketched them into their positions, but have yet to finish them fully. So, mostly on track! Since I did get started on the characters, I’ll carry that goal into the rest of the month, though I’m also still working on making gifts for the people in my life, and completing holiday season etsy orders for others! This is the usual stuff of December, and regular work has also been busier this year than it usually is this month (as mentioned last update) so I’m doing my best. If only gamedev paid the bills… EF2 might be done by now if I could afford to focus only on it! This period’s backgrounds are, as mentioned bef...

EF2 December Update 2: Happy New Year!

  First off- I delayed this update by a couple days so that I could post on New Year’s Eve! Here’s a themed doodle of Bea for the occasion! 2025 has been a chaotic and challenging year, for a whole lot of reasons, so I’m happy to welcome 2026 and hope that it’s a little bit kinder to me and to the development process of Entropic Float 2. I feel it’s promising on that front though! Let’s take a look back at this month’s goals, as much as I was able to fit them around the holidays. Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds: This is done! Draw and implement Objekts for Area 4: They’re drawn, and they’re partially implemented! Make the assets for another character zone: I didn’t get to this one, I did a bit too much crafting this month to have the juice left for it, but January should be different~ So, I got a fair bit done! The Objekt implementation is a matter of- They’re implemented for the inventory, but not entirely in the environments, because I failed to remember that none of t...

May Update: Midnight's Requiem Complete Edition, Backer Rewards, and EF2 Progress!!

  Leading with the most exciting part! Remember when we hit the stretch goal to have Stephanie's VA record the full version of Midnight's Requiem, with the lyrics that Prinxe wrote? Well, I've finally uploaded the result for your listening pleasure! Of course, the Renfield Future track will be up next, but I have a bit more to do on that one before I can share it, so enjoy Stephanie's wonderful vocals for the time being! Now, Rewards! The physical rewards are IN PRODUCTION right now, at the manufacturer~ They're on the way! If you missed out on any, there are a limited number of extras of each new design coming my way. Digital Rewards meanwhile- I've finished commissions for backers who are also receiving physical rewards. If you got digital rewards only, your art is still on the way! I took a small step back from working on rewards after getting the manufacturing order in, to focus on the game itself for some time, but it shouldn't be too long until you s...