Skip to main content

Entropic Float Biweekly Dev Update #10


Ten whole updates, and it's been a journey! There's plenty more to go, but I've made loads of progress and streamlined a lot of processes since I began. Let's start things off right today with this beautiful art of Madeline by RabbitProtocol on twitter! This was commissioned for me as a Christmas Gift from my good friend Casper, the Director of Heart Fragment. I got a few lovely pieces from others (and for myself!) as holiday gifts, so there will be more to share in the next few updates too. It's been 3 weeks since the last time I posted instead of the usual 2, so I've got a lot to share! Let's get into it.



Writing:








38/54 segments written! Four segments in the gap again. This time it was both of Kanatsun's night endings, then the intro and first puzzle of Rashmi's morning route. May not seem like much for three weeks, but as with before, I have parts of later segments written partially. Notepad doc while at work style! Just because I'm a full time employee doesn't mean I won't fit writing in where I can. Plus, a lot of the work I've done since last time relates to assets!

Talksprites:



No change since last time.




Voice Acting:







Since last time, I received the voicelines for Amelie! That leaves just True, Touko, and JJ left to learn to speak!

Background Images:



I've gone from 13/17 to 17/17! That's right, there were four rooms left to build, and I built them all. All of Rashmi's Puzzle Rooms! You can see a CG that takes place on one of them below. I'm also at 13/14 of the on-route hand-drawn CGs. The one that's left is also partially drawn, I just took a break midway through because I needed to finish building a background for reference. Further, I drew a bunch of cute little chibi representations of the cast. Still deciding where in the game I'll implement those.

There may still be new background images added for the True Ending when I begin development on that section, but for the time being, this task is complete!




Background Music:

No tracks have been added since last time.


My goal progress from last time:
- Finish filling in the gaps left in the last two Kanatsun segments
- Export and deliver a demo of the Kanatsun Routes for my beta testers (Half of my beta testers have completed the process and I have a lot of changes to make to polish the Kanatsun routes, but I'll wait till the verdict's in from all four of them~!)
- Build and Screenshot the four rooms necessary for the Rashmi Routes
- Draw the five CG images necessary for the Rashmi Routes  (I've got one left to finish. 4/5 ain't bad!)
- Deliver all visual assets to Casper to begin the process of making a proper trailer. (We're hoping to have the trailer ready in April!)

My goals for next time:
- Finish the remaining 4 segments (Intermission, Puzzle Room, Both Endings) of the Rashmi Morning Route ahead of schedule! 
-Add one more music track
-Start posting the OST to youtube

That's a much shorter list than last time! For the time being, my progress is going to be returned to much like it was during November. That strategy of mass-producing all the visual assets ahead of time worked so well for me there that I just had to do it again. At this point, all I really need to do is zero in on writing the Rashmi Routes. The process is going to open up again a ton more when I start working on the True Ending- I'll need lots of new assets, need to completely rework the way I look at my writing segments since the presentation will be vastly different, and program in a whole lot of extra stuff since there's even a shift in the gameplay! I'm getting close to when I'll need to think about that, but for now, I've got a short list.

I'm currently ahead on my schedule, which reflects January, February, and March each taking a full month for a full Rashmi Route. Being ahead of schedule now will give me more time to tune up the game closer to launch, or give me a cushion if something happens and I lose the ability to work on Entropic Float for a period of time. Beyond that, I predicted April and May for work on the True Ending, June for integrating sound effects throughout, and the first week of July before I release for final checks and tune-ups. We'll see how realistic this ends up being!

Until next time, thanks for your support!





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entropic Float 2: Character Reveal and Kickstarter Date!

  Entropic Float 2... Characters! They're here! The video above shares some songs to help you get the feel on their personalities- And their profiles are available too! I've also been hard at work to get the demo ready before the Kickstarter, which I've decided to launch on 11/11/2023 ! Below, you can see the first talksprite for good ol' Kanatsune Ame. To temper expectations a bit- The demo will only cover the beginning of the game. The 'exposition loop', if you will. Several of these characters won't be appearing yet, and certain loop-related features will, well, not exist because there is no second loop to implement them on. It should, however, give you an idea of what the story's going to be, and how the main point-and-click gameplay will work. Just enough of a taster to let you know that EF2 is worth getting made! And I mean... Even if the Kickstarter fails, I'll make it anyway. It just might take me a good bit longer, and might miss out on some

Entropic Float's One Year Anniversary!

  [Hover images for Credits] One year ago today- On July 7th, 2022- I released the 300k+ word long visual novel Entropic Float: This World Will Decay and Disappear, at no cost on itch and steam. It was a labor of love- I worked on it for just over a year and a half, and my life changed a lot during that time. I got a job related to my degree, then proceeded to crash and burn when it turned out that I couldn't actually manage that job alongside my chronic conditions. Working on Entropic Float was the only thing during that time that really made me happy at all, so it's no surprise I ended up quitting for my health shortly after release... Since I released Entropic Float, lots of things have happened. I've seen it referred to on reddit as 'the queerest game I've ever played'. I've received wonderful fanart. People have come to me saying that the game helped them realize they were physically disabled. My good friend, the vtuber FreyaFukunaga, played through the

Entropic Float in 2023: An Update!

 Happy New Year, everybody!                                                                     It's 2023  and I have a lot of plans! I'll start out by offering reminders that there's a survey to influence the contents of the Entropic Float DLC (Letters To A Beloved Ghost) and make sure that you get to see your favorite characters again, as well as a few pieces of official Entropic Float Merch available on my etsy store.  There are stickers of the full cast, keychains of the protagonists and antagonist, and pin buttons of each standard ending- But if there's a particular piece of merchandise you'd want to see, feel free to contact me and let me know. Entropic Float: Letters To A Beloved Ghost As mentioned above, there's a survey to influence this DLC's content, but that doesn't mean I don't have plans for it! In fact, I already have a few of the side stories drafted. The DLC will be 5 USD or included in any pledge to the Entropic Float 2 Kickstarter