Skip to main content

Entropic Float Biweekly Dev Update #10


Ten whole updates, and it's been a journey! There's plenty more to go, but I've made loads of progress and streamlined a lot of processes since I began. Let's start things off right today with this beautiful art of Madeline by RabbitProtocol on twitter! This was commissioned for me as a Christmas Gift from my good friend Casper, the Director of Heart Fragment. I got a few lovely pieces from others (and for myself!) as holiday gifts, so there will be more to share in the next few updates too. It's been 3 weeks since the last time I posted instead of the usual 2, so I've got a lot to share! Let's get into it.



Writing:








38/54 segments written! Four segments in the gap again. This time it was both of Kanatsun's night endings, then the intro and first puzzle of Rashmi's morning route. May not seem like much for three weeks, but as with before, I have parts of later segments written partially. Notepad doc while at work style! Just because I'm a full time employee doesn't mean I won't fit writing in where I can. Plus, a lot of the work I've done since last time relates to assets!

Talksprites:



No change since last time.




Voice Acting:







Since last time, I received the voicelines for Amelie! That leaves just True, Touko, and JJ left to learn to speak!

Background Images:



I've gone from 13/17 to 17/17! That's right, there were four rooms left to build, and I built them all. All of Rashmi's Puzzle Rooms! You can see a CG that takes place on one of them below. I'm also at 13/14 of the on-route hand-drawn CGs. The one that's left is also partially drawn, I just took a break midway through because I needed to finish building a background for reference. Further, I drew a bunch of cute little chibi representations of the cast. Still deciding where in the game I'll implement those.

There may still be new background images added for the True Ending when I begin development on that section, but for the time being, this task is complete!




Background Music:

No tracks have been added since last time.


My goal progress from last time:
- Finish filling in the gaps left in the last two Kanatsun segments
- Export and deliver a demo of the Kanatsun Routes for my beta testers (Half of my beta testers have completed the process and I have a lot of changes to make to polish the Kanatsun routes, but I'll wait till the verdict's in from all four of them~!)
- Build and Screenshot the four rooms necessary for the Rashmi Routes
- Draw the five CG images necessary for the Rashmi Routes  (I've got one left to finish. 4/5 ain't bad!)
- Deliver all visual assets to Casper to begin the process of making a proper trailer. (We're hoping to have the trailer ready in April!)

My goals for next time:
- Finish the remaining 4 segments (Intermission, Puzzle Room, Both Endings) of the Rashmi Morning Route ahead of schedule! 
-Add one more music track
-Start posting the OST to youtube

That's a much shorter list than last time! For the time being, my progress is going to be returned to much like it was during November. That strategy of mass-producing all the visual assets ahead of time worked so well for me there that I just had to do it again. At this point, all I really need to do is zero in on writing the Rashmi Routes. The process is going to open up again a ton more when I start working on the True Ending- I'll need lots of new assets, need to completely rework the way I look at my writing segments since the presentation will be vastly different, and program in a whole lot of extra stuff since there's even a shift in the gameplay! I'm getting close to when I'll need to think about that, but for now, I've got a short list.

I'm currently ahead on my schedule, which reflects January, February, and March each taking a full month for a full Rashmi Route. Being ahead of schedule now will give me more time to tune up the game closer to launch, or give me a cushion if something happens and I lose the ability to work on Entropic Float for a period of time. Beyond that, I predicted April and May for work on the True Ending, June for integrating sound effects throughout, and the first week of July before I release for final checks and tune-ups. We'll see how realistic this ends up being!

Until next time, thanks for your support!





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entropic Float 2 December Update #1: Backgrounds!

  Hello everybody! It’s midway through December- That means it’s update time! With everything going on this month, I did set smaller goals, with plans to catch up in January if those still fell short. So far this month… Draw the remaining backgrounds necessary for area 4 - Done! Sharing one of those below~ Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds - Partially complete! I’ve sketched them into their positions, but have yet to finish them fully. So, mostly on track! Since I did get started on the characters, I’ll carry that goal into the rest of the month, though I’m also still working on making gifts for the people in my life, and completing holiday season etsy orders for others! This is the usual stuff of December, and regular work has also been busier this year than it usually is this month (as mentioned last update) so I’m doing my best. If only gamedev paid the bills… EF2 might be done by now if I could afford to focus only on it! This period’s backgrounds are, as mentioned bef...

EF2 December Update 2: Happy New Year!

  First off- I delayed this update by a couple days so that I could post on New Year’s Eve! Here’s a themed doodle of Bea for the occasion! 2025 has been a chaotic and challenging year, for a whole lot of reasons, so I’m happy to welcome 2026 and hope that it’s a little bit kinder to me and to the development process of Entropic Float 2. I feel it’s promising on that front though! Let’s take a look back at this month’s goals, as much as I was able to fit them around the holidays. Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds: This is done! Draw and implement Objekts for Area 4: They’re drawn, and they’re partially implemented! Make the assets for another character zone: I didn’t get to this one, I did a bit too much crafting this month to have the juice left for it, but January should be different~ So, I got a fair bit done! The Objekt implementation is a matter of- They’re implemented for the inventory, but not entirely in the environments, because I failed to remember that none of t...

May Update: Midnight's Requiem Complete Edition, Backer Rewards, and EF2 Progress!!

  Leading with the most exciting part! Remember when we hit the stretch goal to have Stephanie's VA record the full version of Midnight's Requiem, with the lyrics that Prinxe wrote? Well, I've finally uploaded the result for your listening pleasure! Of course, the Renfield Future track will be up next, but I have a bit more to do on that one before I can share it, so enjoy Stephanie's wonderful vocals for the time being! Now, Rewards! The physical rewards are IN PRODUCTION right now, at the manufacturer~ They're on the way! If you missed out on any, there are a limited number of extras of each new design coming my way. Digital Rewards meanwhile- I've finished commissions for backers who are also receiving physical rewards. If you got digital rewards only, your art is still on the way! I took a small step back from working on rewards after getting the manufacturing order in, to focus on the game itself for some time, but it shouldn't be too long until you s...