Skip to main content

Entropic Float Biweekly Update #11

 



Would you look at that, it's update eleven! The art this week was commissioned from Mameringo on skeb!

An especially fitting piece for this week's update, since the segments I wrote in this development period had a lot to do with the star of the image, Touko Nozomi. I'm still struggling to adjust to the 40 hour work-week, so I don't have quite as much to show for my time... Though as you'll see in this update, I did still meet some of my goals! Can't keep me down that hard.



Writing:



42/54 segments written! Another four knocked out. This time, that represents the 'in-between' room, second puzzle, and both endings of Rashmi's morning route. That's right, Rashmi's morning route is officially done! Seven out of nine base routes are now completed. Two more before I can start working on the true ending. And there's still half of January left!

Talksprites:



No change since last time.




Voice Acting:




No change since last time





Background Music:

No tracks have been added since last time. I know, I said I wanted to add one. I tried, too! But it was sounding real bad, so I gave up for now. I'll get there. However, I did upload the entire OST so far (OST being Original Soundtrack, excluding the royalty-free tracks used in the game) to youtube, and future new tracks will be added there as I create them! Embedded below is the 'theme track', and you can find the entire playlist here!




My goal progress from last time:
- Finish the remaining 4 segments (Intermission, Puzzle Room, Both Endings) of the Rashmi Morning Route ahead of schedule!  Completed!
-Add one more music track Not completed!
-Start posting the OST to youtube I did the whole thing!

My goals for next time:
- Add one more music track
- Write 3/6 segments of the Rashmi Noon Route ahead of schedule
- Begin the process of setting up my itch.io page and my steamworks page

Just a few tasks on my plate. Now, I've still got a few hours left in the day, so I'm hoping to begin progress on these goals right away. In addition to the writing that's properly road-mapped, I'm also sitting at 2 of 14 first drafts completed of a certain set of scenes for the True End, since these ones lend themselves quite well to being written when I'm away from my desk. Maybe I'll have a few more of those in the weeks to come, too.

Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entropic Float 2 December Update #1: Backgrounds!

  Hello everybody! It’s midway through December- That means it’s update time! With everything going on this month, I did set smaller goals, with plans to catch up in January if those still fell short. So far this month… Draw the remaining backgrounds necessary for area 4 - Done! Sharing one of those below~ Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds - Partially complete! I’ve sketched them into their positions, but have yet to finish them fully. So, mostly on track! Since I did get started on the characters, I’ll carry that goal into the rest of the month, though I’m also still working on making gifts for the people in my life, and completing holiday season etsy orders for others! This is the usual stuff of December, and regular work has also been busier this year than it usually is this month (as mentioned last update) so I’m doing my best. If only gamedev paid the bills… EF2 might be done by now if I could afford to focus only on it! This period’s backgrounds are, as mentioned bef...

EF2 December Update 2: Happy New Year!

  First off- I delayed this update by a couple days so that I could post on New Year’s Eve! Here’s a themed doodle of Bea for the occasion! 2025 has been a chaotic and challenging year, for a whole lot of reasons, so I’m happy to welcome 2026 and hope that it’s a little bit kinder to me and to the development process of Entropic Float 2. I feel it’s promising on that front though! Let’s take a look back at this month’s goals, as much as I was able to fit them around the holidays. Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds: This is done! Draw and implement Objekts for Area 4: They’re drawn, and they’re partially implemented! Make the assets for another character zone: I didn’t get to this one, I did a bit too much crafting this month to have the juice left for it, but January should be different~ So, I got a fair bit done! The Objekt implementation is a matter of- They’re implemented for the inventory, but not entirely in the environments, because I failed to remember that none of t...

May Update: Midnight's Requiem Complete Edition, Backer Rewards, and EF2 Progress!!

  Leading with the most exciting part! Remember when we hit the stretch goal to have Stephanie's VA record the full version of Midnight's Requiem, with the lyrics that Prinxe wrote? Well, I've finally uploaded the result for your listening pleasure! Of course, the Renfield Future track will be up next, but I have a bit more to do on that one before I can share it, so enjoy Stephanie's wonderful vocals for the time being! Now, Rewards! The physical rewards are IN PRODUCTION right now, at the manufacturer~ They're on the way! If you missed out on any, there are a limited number of extras of each new design coming my way. Digital Rewards meanwhile- I've finished commissions for backers who are also receiving physical rewards. If you got digital rewards only, your art is still on the way! I took a small step back from working on rewards after getting the manufacturing order in, to focus on the game itself for some time, but it shouldn't be too long until you s...