Skip to main content

Entropic Float Biweekly Update #13

   




Lucky number Thirteen. The art this week was commissioned from Mikoko on skeb!

Doesn't she look lovely and peaceful here? It's been a character trait of Stephanie for a long time that she has an 'unnatural beauty'. Seriously, I made the very first version of her character a whole decade ago! She's hardly the same character at all anymore, but if I showed you early art of her, you'd definitely recognize her visual design.

The Rashmi Night Route has some promising scenes in store for Stephanie, too, so we're back to featuring art that suits the progress.

Without further ado, here's what that progress is!




Writing:

49/54 segments. I only ended up writing one... Well, more like one and a half. I just wasn't going to be able to finish writing that first puzzle room today and still have the time to write this update! Luckily, writing wasn't my focus this development cycle anyway, and I bet I'll more than make up for it in the next two weeks.

Talksprites:



No change since last time.

Voice Acting:




Since last time I received lines for Touko and for JJ! True is the only one left, and due to his appearance in Heart Fragment, those delays have a bit to do with me, not just the VA. So we're in great shape!

Background Music:

I did add a new track this time! Wow! It's called Work The Game! Here it is! 



My goal progress from last time:
- Add one more music track. For real this time. I did this! You can see it above!
-Begin setting up steamworks and itch.io Partially done! I set up itch but not Steamworks because it intimidates me more.
-Write 2 Segments of the Rashmi Night Route I wrote one of them! So also partially done!
-Spruce up a few pieces of the GUI I did this, you can see screenshots at the bottom of the post!
-Draw that last hand-drawn CG that was on my list... Yeah, this is done!
-And also draw the 3 new pieces of art I roped myself into making for a puzzle room. I drew the art but I have yet to implement!

My goals for next time:
- Write 5 segments of the Rashmi Night Route
- Develop an outline to track progress of the True End 
- Implement fixes to the Kanatsun Routes as found by my beta testers

Only the first goal is really priority- The other two can easily be pushed to the beginning of March if I need extra time, hopefully joining a goal of packing the Rashmi Routes for beta at that time.

As for what I accomplished outside of my usual categories, that's most of what I did this cycle! I drew some important art, which I'll leave off the post. I implemented the Starfield Gaming splash screen. But what I can show you right now are the buttons I made for the character profiles screen, and the chibi indicators which will, when you're on a normal route, display at all times which characters are present, in a different room, or dead.

Until next time!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entropic Float 2 December Update #1: Backgrounds!

  Hello everybody! It’s midway through December- That means it’s update time! With everything going on this month, I did set smaller goals, with plans to catch up in January if those still fell short. So far this month… Draw the remaining backgrounds necessary for area 4 - Done! Sharing one of those below~ Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds - Partially complete! I’ve sketched them into their positions, but have yet to finish them fully. So, mostly on track! Since I did get started on the characters, I’ll carry that goal into the rest of the month, though I’m also still working on making gifts for the people in my life, and completing holiday season etsy orders for others! This is the usual stuff of December, and regular work has also been busier this year than it usually is this month (as mentioned last update) so I’m doing my best. If only gamedev paid the bills… EF2 might be done by now if I could afford to focus only on it! This period’s backgrounds are, as mentioned bef...

EF2 December Update 2: Happy New Year!

  First off- I delayed this update by a couple days so that I could post on New Year’s Eve! Here’s a themed doodle of Bea for the occasion! 2025 has been a chaotic and challenging year, for a whole lot of reasons, so I’m happy to welcome 2026 and hope that it’s a little bit kinder to me and to the development process of Entropic Float 2. I feel it’s promising on that front though! Let’s take a look back at this month’s goals, as much as I was able to fit them around the holidays. Draw characters for the Area 4 backgrounds: This is done! Draw and implement Objekts for Area 4: They’re drawn, and they’re partially implemented! Make the assets for another character zone: I didn’t get to this one, I did a bit too much crafting this month to have the juice left for it, but January should be different~ So, I got a fair bit done! The Objekt implementation is a matter of- They’re implemented for the inventory, but not entirely in the environments, because I failed to remember that none of t...

May Update: Midnight's Requiem Complete Edition, Backer Rewards, and EF2 Progress!!

  Leading with the most exciting part! Remember when we hit the stretch goal to have Stephanie's VA record the full version of Midnight's Requiem, with the lyrics that Prinxe wrote? Well, I've finally uploaded the result for your listening pleasure! Of course, the Renfield Future track will be up next, but I have a bit more to do on that one before I can share it, so enjoy Stephanie's wonderful vocals for the time being! Now, Rewards! The physical rewards are IN PRODUCTION right now, at the manufacturer~ They're on the way! If you missed out on any, there are a limited number of extras of each new design coming my way. Digital Rewards meanwhile- I've finished commissions for backers who are also receiving physical rewards. If you got digital rewards only, your art is still on the way! I took a small step back from working on rewards after getting the manufacturing order in, to focus on the game itself for some time, but it shouldn't be too long until you s...